All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.34Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe book offers a fresh and timely perspective on the broader field of early postcolonial South Asian history.
- Author BiographyTaylor C. Sherman is lecturer at Department of International History, London School of Economics. Dr Sherman's research concerns the cultural and political history of India in the transition from colonial rule to independence in the middle decades of the twentieth century. Her publications include State Violence and Punishment in India (2010). William Gould is professor of Indian History at School of History, University of Leeds. He researches on the politics of religious conflict and 'communalism' in South Asia, and the historical narratives of South Asian migrants to the UK after 1947. His publications include Hindu Nationalism and the Language of Politics in Late Colonial India (2004) and Religion and Conflict in South Asia (2012). Sarah Ansari is Reader at Department of History, Royal Holloway, University of London. Her research interests focus on the recent history of South Asia, in particular those parts of the subcontinent that became Pakistan in 1947.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited bySarah Ansari,Taylor C. Sherman,William Gould
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.