CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £12.49Trending at £14.98
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionA memoir of an American-Jewish historian who set out to study Yiddish language and Jewish history at YIVO, the Jewish Scientific Institute in Vilna, Poland, in 1938. It describes her pre-war year in Jewish Eastern Europe, and her role in salvaging what remained of Vilna's scorched Jewish archives and libraries.
- Author BiographyNancy Sinkoff is associate professor of Jewish studies and history at Rutgers University, specializing in the history of Eastern European Jewry. She is the author of Out of the Shtetl: Making Jews Modern in the Polish Borderlands.
- Author(s)Lucy S. Dawidowicz
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication09/09/2008
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byNancy Sinkoff
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.