All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text discusses the period 800-1100 AD, offering an integrated treatment of the whole of the British Isles. It offers a number of challenges to accepted orthodoxies about the nature and development of the separate areas of early medieval Britain.
- Author BiographyWendy Davies is Pro-Provost, European Affairs, and Professor of History at University College London. She has written on early Welsh, Breton, Irish, English and European history and archaeology. She is currently directing, with James Graham-Campbell, the Celtic Inscribed Stones Project (CISP), an interdisciplinary project to establish a database of all known early medieval Celtic inscribed stones. Professor Davies has recently begun to work on rural communities in northern Spain in the tenth century: she is currently writing on sale, price and valuation in Galicia and Castile-Leon and is developing a new field project with colleagues in the Medieval Department of the Consejo Superior Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid.
- Author(s)Wendy Davies
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2003
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleShort Oxford History of the British Isles
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Notenumerous halftones and maps
- Weight386 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £28.33Trending at £31.72
- £9.50Trending at £10.75
- £14.72Trending at £19.99
- £25.51Trending at £37.33
- £14.30Trending at £16.58
- £11.18Trending at £14.99
- £12.76Trending at £14.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.