Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £4.46Trending at £4.98
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.77Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.18
- £11.90Trending at £13.27
About this product
- DescriptionThis title helps readers gain flexibility, increase strength and promote muscle balance through a complete range of motion in as little as ten minutes per day. It includes performance and recovery stretch sequences for most popular sports.
- Author BiographyJay Blahnik has more than 20 years of experience in the fitness industry. He is the spokesperson and education consultant for the Nautilus Health and Fitness Group. For more than 10 years, Blahnik has served as a spokesperson for Nike's programs and products and provides direction and consultation to Nike regarding fitness industry trends and product design. In addition, he is an education consultant, program developer, and spokesperson for the BOSU Balance Trainer. Blahnik also serves as a consultant and program developer for some of the world's largest and most successful fitness chains. Recently, he developed a new series of successful programs titled Leg Xpress and Ab Xpress for 24 Hour Fitness, and he has developed the new indoor cycling program for Bally Total Fitness.Blahnik was named one of Shape magazine's Top 5 Group Exercise Instructors in the United States in 2000 and was selected as the IDEA International Fitness Instructor of the Year in 1996. He has starred in more than 17 award-winning exercise videos and has been the technical advisor and director for some of the best-selling exercise videos of all time. He served as the exercise consultant and choreographer for Jane Fonda's final six highly acclaimed videos and has worked with, consulted, or trained many of the world's leading exercise video superstars. Blahnik is a master member of IDEA, an organization devoted to promoting fitness, health, and wellness. He is on the American Council on Exercise (ACE) editorial advisory board and is an Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) continuing education provider. Blahnik is also the inventor and designer of The Power, a fitness machine designed to make closed-chain strength exercises easier to do.Blahnik's clients have included Jane Fonda, Faye Dunaway, Jonelle Allen (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman), Leonard Lauder (Estee Lauder), Iman (supermodel), and Tawny Kitaen (America's Funniest People), to name a few. He currently trains athletes as well as numerous Iron Man competitors. Blahnik has appeared on many television and radio shows, and his work has been featured in Shape, Sports Illustrated, Self, Fitness, Family Circle, Vogue, Living Fit, Men's Health, Men's Fitness, Outside, Fit, and Skiing magazines. He has been consulted as a fitness expert for hundreds of newspaper articles around the world. Blahnik has presented educational workshops and motivational seminars in all 50 states, England, Italy, Japan, Taiwan, Canada, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, Germany, Australia, France, Scotland, Korea, Switzerland, Hong Kong, and the Netherlands. Blahnik lives in Laguna Beach, California, and enjoys running, ocean kayaking, and surfing.
- Author(s)Jay Blahnik
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2003
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/06/2011
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 581 black & white halftones
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.