CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £8.63Trending at £9.09
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £11.41Trending at £14.15
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/1979
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number114
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note121 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1478 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byWolfgang Muller-Ruchholtz
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
- Table Of ContentsIntroductory Remarks.- Session A 1 Lymphoid Cell Differentiation and Traffic.- Introduction: On the 20th Anniversary of a Scientific Discovery.- Ontogenetic Differentiation of Epithelial and Non-Epithelial Cells in the Human Thymus.- Antigenic Changes Associated with Chicken B Lymphocyte Development.- Evidence for Surface Antigen(s) Specific for a Sub-population of Peripheral B and T Lymphocytes in the Chicken.- Separation of Germinal Centres from Chicken Spleen.- Germinal Centres and the B-Cell System: A Search for the Germinal Centre Precursor Cell in the Rat.- Migratory Patterns of the Ly Subsets of T Lymphocytes in the Mouse.- Correlation of Immunogenetic and Histological Changes in Imnunodeficient Mutant hr/hr Mice.- Morphology of the Extrafollicular Zone and Pseudo-Follicles of the Rat Lymph Node, and Their Role in Lymphocyte Traffic.- Lymphocyte-High Endothelial Venule Interactions: Examination of Species Specificity.- Basic Mechanisms of Lymphocyte Recirculation in Lewis Rats.- The Effect of Cytoskeletal Inhibitors on the Migration of Lymphocytes across Vascular Endothelium.- New Evidence on Control Mechanisms in Lymphocyte Traffic.- Separation of Earthworm Coelomocytes by Velocity Sedimentation.- Two Subpopulations of Cortisone-Resistant Lymphoid Cells in the Rabbit Thymus.- Development of an Isotope Dilution Assay to Determine the T-Cell Mass in Guinea Pigs.- Lymphocyte Production and Organ Distribution of Newly Formed Lymphocytes after Selective 3H-Deoxycytidine Labelling of Mesenteric Lymph Nodes.- Germinal Centers and the B-Cell System: B Cell Differentiation in Rabbit Appendix Germinal Centers.- The Influence of the Thymus upon the Number and Class Distribution of Immunoglobulin Containing Cells in the Bone Marrow and Other Lymphoid Organs of the Mouse.- Summing-up.- Session A 2 Immunological Function of Cell Surface Structures.- Introduction: The Immunoglobulin-like T Cell Receptor Problem.- Isolation and Partial Identification of Immunoglobulin from T Cells.- Codistribution of Antigen and Fab Determinants on Thymic Antigen-Binding Cells.- Ontogeny of Spontaneous Rosette Forming Cells in Mice.- Multiple Ig Classes on Rabbit B Lymphocytes.- C3 Receptors and Membrane Complement Components on Lymphocytes Jointly Cause Binding of EAC.- C3 and C5 Compete for the Same Binding Site on Complement Receptor Cells.- Inhibition of C3b and C3d Receptor Activity by Xenoantisera Prepared by Immunization with Cell-Bound C3 Receptor Protein.- Modulation of the Immune Response by Pretreatment of Antigen with Complement.- Characterization of an IgG-Fc Receptor Protein Isolated from Human B-Prolymphocytic and B-Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia Cells.- Antisera Cause Alterations in Morphology and Enzyme Activity in the Plasma Membrane of Rat Thymocytes.- Modulation of Cell Membrane Antigens During Differentiation of Rat T-Lymphocytes.- Interactions Between Neuraminidase-Treated Lymphocytes and Liver Cells.- Immunological Characteristics of Neo-Antigens on the Cell Surface After Neuraminidase Treatment.- Carbohydrate Incorporation into Glycoconjugates of Mouse Thymocytes During Con A Stimulation - Involvement of Two Subpopulations.- Are Endogenous C-Type Viruses Physiologically Required for the Regulation of the Humoral Immune Response?.- Plating Inhibition Assay (PIA): A New Test for Cell Mediated Cytotoxicity.- Summing-Up: Lymphocyte Receptors.- Session A 3 Immunological Tolerance (Suppression/Deletion).- Differentiation of B Cells and the Clonal Abortion Theory.- Permanent Abolition of Reactivity to Major Histocompatibility Antigens Requires Elimination of Prethymic Precursors.- Survival and Immunological Responsiveness of Rat-Mouse Bone Marrow Chimeras.- The Control of Autoreactive Lymphocytes by a Receptor Blockade Mechanism.- Stimulation of Natural Antibodies by Self Antigens.- The Role of Antigen-Antibody Complexes in Generating Immunological Memory and Auto-Antiidiotypic Immunity.- Germinal Center Formation in BSA-Tolerant Chicke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.