CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £9.09Trending at £12.98
- £8.87Trending at £9.92
- £6.10Trending at £6.23
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £11.41Trending at £14.18
- £24.93Trending at £25.85
- £11.71Trending at £12.80
About this product
- Author(s)Andrzej Bartke
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleSerono Symposia, USA
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight737 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
- Table Of Contents1. Endangered Species Spermatozoa: Diversity, Research, and Conservation.- I. Functional Significance of Morphological Relationships.- 2. Stage-Related Functions of Sertoli Cells: Lessons from Lower Vertebrates.- 3. Structure-Function Relationships in Somatic Cells of the Testis and Accessory Reproductive Glands.- 4. Local Growth Factor Effects During Spermatogenesis.- 5. Stage-Specific Expression of the Cathepsin L Gene by Rat Sertoli Cells.- II. Functions of Somatic Cells in the Testis.- 6. Characterization, Regulation, and Tissue-Specific Expression of Steroidogenic Enzymes.- 7. Molecular Genetics, Structure-Function Relationships, and Tissue-Specific Expression and Regulation of the 3?HSD Gene Family.- 8. Regulation of DNA Synthesis in Leydig Cells.- 9. Use of Two-Compartment Cultures of Sertoli Cells for Investigating Blood-Testis Barrier Physiology.- 10. Mediation of the Hormonal Stimulation of Steroidogenesis by the Polypeptide Diazepam Binding Inhibitor.- 11. Inhibition of Spermatogenesis by Tetanus Toxin Expression in Sertoli Cells of Transgenic Mice.- III. Signaling Molecules and Their Receptors.- 12. Pituitary Control of Fetal and Adult Leydig Cells and Physiological Regulation of Gonadotropin Gene Expression and Secretion in the Male.- 13. Expression of the FSH Receptor in the Sertoli Cells.- 14. Regulation of Germ Cell Proliferation In Vitro by Activins, Follistatin, and Other Growth Factors.- 15. Androgen Action in Sertoli and Peritubular Cells.- 16. Hormonal Control of Apoptotic Cell Death in the Testis.- 17. Involvement of Liver-Regulating Protein-Like Molecule in Sertoli-Germ Cell Cross Talk.- 18. 5?-Reductase Activity Increased by Oxytocin in the Rat Testis.- 19. Induction by LH/hCG of an Increase in the Rate of Pig Leydig Cell Receptor mRNA Degradation.- 20. Genetics and Luteinizing Hormone Receptors.- IV. Regulation of Germ Cells, Differentiation, and Gene Expression.- 21. Development of Postnatal Gonocytes In Vivo and In Vitro.- 22. Role of Retinoids in Spermatogonial Proliferation and Differentiation and the Meiotic Prophase.- 23. Role and Regulation of Spermatogenic Cell-Specific Gene Expression: Enzymes of Glycolysis.- 24. Regulation of the Cyclic Nucleotide-Dependent Pathway in Seminiferous Tubule Cells.- 25. Testis-Specific Proprotein Convertase 4: Gene Structure, Optional Exons, and mRNA Isoforms.- 26. Neonatal Propylthiouracil Treatment as a Model System for Studying Factors Controlling Testis Growth and Sperm Production.- V. Recent Developments in the Studies of Male Reproductive Functions.- 27. Molecular Biology of Human Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome.- 28. Congenital Absence of the Vas Deferens and the Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Gene: Evidence for a Common Genetic Background.- 29. GnRH Neurons in an Interpretation of Kallmann's Syndrome.- Author Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.