CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis work contains fundamental solutions for classical, canonical, elastodynamics problems using common format and notation.
- Author BiographyEduardo Kausel earned his first professional degree in 1967, graduating as a Civil Engineer from the University of Chile and then worked at Chile's National Electricity Company. In 1969 he carried out post-graduate studies at the Technical University in Darmstadt. He earned his Master of Science (1972) and Doctor of Science (1974) degrees from MIT. Following graduation, Dr Kausel worked at Stone and Webster Engineering Corporation in Boston, and then joined the MIT faculty in 1978, where he has remained since. He is a registered Professional Engineer in the State of Massachusetts, is senior member of various professional organizations (ASCE, SSA, EERI, IACMG), and has extensive experience as consulting engineer. Among the honors he has received are a 1989 Japanese Government Research Award for Foreign Specialists from the Science and Technology Agency; a 1992 Honorary Faculty Membership in Epsilon Chi, the 1994 Konrad Zuse Guest Professor at the University of Hamburg in Germany, the Humboldt Prize from the German Government in 2000, and the 2001 MIT-CEE Award for Conspicuously Effective Teaching. Dr Kausel is best known for his work on Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction, and for his very successful Green's functions (fundamental solutions) for the dynamic analysis of layered media, which are incorporated in a now widely used program. Dr Kausel is the author of over hundred and fifty technical papers and reports in the areas of structural dynamics, earthquake engineering, and computational mechanics.
- Author(s)Eduardo Kausel
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication13/02/2006
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note17 tables
- Weight670 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.