All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an introduction to ecological modelling. This title explains the concepts and processes involved in ecological modelling, presents the developments in the field and provides readers with the tools to construct their own models.
- Author BiographyBrian D. Fath is Associate Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences at Towson University (MD, USA). He teaches courses in ecosystem ecology, environmental biology, networks, and human ecology and sustainability. Dr. Fath has also taught short-courses on ecological modelling in Portugal, Croatia, and Denmark. Since 2002, he is a regular summer research scientist at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (Austria). Dr. Fath graduated in 1990 from Miami University (OH) with degrees in Physics and Aeronautics. He completed an M.S. degree in Environmental Science at Ohio State University (1993) and earned a Ph.D. in Ecology from the University of Georgia in 1998. He was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the University of Georgia (1998-2000) and the U.S. EPA in Cincinnati (2000-2001). Dr. Fath researches system sustainability using ecological network analysis, integrated environmental assessment, and information theory. He has published research papers in Journal of Theoretical Biology, Ecological Modelling, Biosystems, Ecological Complexity, Environmental Modelling and Software, and Ecosystems. He has co-authored the book A New Ecology: Systems Perspective. Professional Service includes: Associate Editor for the journal Ecological Modelling (since 2005), Associate Editor-in-chief for the Encyclopedia of Ecology, President, North American Chapter of International Society for Ecological Modelling (since 2006), Editorial Board, The Scientific World Journal (2001-present), Editorial Board, International Journal of Ecodynamics (2004-present), Board of Directors, International Environmental Modelling and Software Society (2004-present), Baltimore County Commission on Environmental Quality (2005-present).
- Author(s)Brian Fath,S. E. Jorgensen
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication28/02/2011
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDevelopments in Environmental Modelling
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width197 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.