CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.25Trending at £10.96
- £26.45Trending at £27.73
- £11.12Trending at £13.95
- £7.44Trending at £8.96
- £10.89Trending at £12.26
- £18.09Trending at £19.16
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis text introduces numerical methods and shows how to develop, analyze, and use them.
- Author BiographyParviz Moin is the Franklin P. and Caroline M. Johnson Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University. He received his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Minnesota in 1974 and his master's and PhD degrees in mathematics and mechanical engineering from Stanford in 1978. He held the posts of National Research Council Fellow, Staff Scientist, and Senior Staff Scientist at NASA Ames Research Center. He joined the Stanford faculty in September 1986. He founded the Center for Turbulence Research and the Stanford Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering. Currently he is Director of the Center for Turbulence Research and the Department of Energy's Predictive Science Academic Alliance Program at Stanford. He is actively involved in the editorial boards of the Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, the Journal of Computational Physics, the Physics of Fluids, SIAM Journal of Multi-Scale Modeling and Simulation and the Journal of Flow Turbulence and Combustion. Professor Moin pioneered the use of high fidelity numerical simulations and massively parallel computers for the study of turbulence physics. His distinctions include NASA's Exceptional Scientific Achievement and Outstanding Leadership Medals, the Einstein Professorship of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Lawrence Sperry Award of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), the Fluid Dynamics Prize of the American Physical Society and the Fluid Dynamics Award of AIAA. Professor Moin is a Fellow of the American Physical Society and AIAA. He is a Member of the National Academy of Engineering.
- Author(s)Parviz Moin
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note64 b/w illus. 113 exercises
- Weight660 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.