All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuch alternative perspective to the neural control of limb function is not only biologically plausible, but sheds light on the most central tenets and debates in the fields of neural control, robotics, rehabilitation, and brain-body co-evolutionary adaptations.
- Author BiographyFrancisco Valero-Cuevas is a Full Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering, and the Division of Biokinesiology & Physical Therapy at the University of Southern California. He also holds appointments in the departments of Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. Prior to this he was Assistant and Associate Professor at Cornell University.He holds a Bachelor's degree in Engineering Science from Swarthmore College, a Masters degree from Queen's University, and a Doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering focused on neuroscience from Stanford University. He has been visiting professor at the Max Planck Institute in Munich, Germany, ETH-Zurich, Switzerland, and the Institute of Sports Sciences in Innsbruck, Austria. He has served as Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering and Guest Editor of PLoS Computational Biology. In 2013 he was elected Senior Member of the IEEE, and in 2014 to the College of Fellows of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineers.His research focuses on an integrative approach to brain-body interactions for versatile function in machines and organisms.
- Author(s)Francisco Valero-Cuevas
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleBiosystems & Biorobotics
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note3 Tables, black and white; 65 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 194 p. 65 illus.
- Weight497 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.56
- £82.97Trending at £89.80
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.66Trending at £26.30
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £14.55Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.