All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplains the fundamental concepts of physics from Galileo's and Newton's discoveries to the twentieth-century's revolutionary ideas on relativity and quantum mechanics. This book begins at the simplest level, develops the basics, and reinforces fundamentals, ensuring a solid foundation in the principles and methods of physics.
- Author BiographyR. Shankar is John Randolph Huffman Professor of Physics, Yale University. His popular Open Yale Course Introduction to Physics has a major following in the United States, India, Australia, China, and elsewhere. He is the 2009 winner of the American Physical Society's Lilienfeld Prize and the author of two previous textbooks, Principles of Quantum Mechanics and Basic Training in Mathematics: A Fitness Program for Science Students.
- Author(s)Ramamurti Shankar
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Open Yale Courses
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note116 b-w illus.
- Weight662 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.32
- £12.75Trending at £20.22
- £40.35Trending at £41.15
- £30.00Trending at £43.03
- £18.73Trending at £19.65
- £16.40Trending at £19.40
- £30.19Trending at £33.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.