CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.48Trending at £19.34
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- Author(s)Engelbert Buxbaum
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication30/11/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note23 black & white illustrations, 223 colour illustrations, 14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1045 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Proteins.- Amino Acids.- Protein Structure.- Proteins in the Lab.- Part II: Enzymes.- Enzymes are Biocatalysts.- Enzyme Kinetics and Mechanism.- Inhibition and Inactivation of Enzymes.- Haemyoglobin and Myoglobin: Cooperativity.- Enzyme Kinetics: Special Cases.- The Flow of Metabolites through Metabolic Pathways.- Part III: Special Proteins.- Protein Folding Diseases.- Immunoproteins.- Cell Skeleton.- Motor Proteins and Movement.- Cell-cell interactions.- Aiding in Folding: Molecular Chaperones and Chaperonins.- Part IV: Membrane Transport.- Protein Transport across Membranes.- Vesicular Transport in Eukaryotic Cells.- Transport of Solutes across Membranes.- Appendices.
- Author BiographyDr. Buxbaum is a biochemist with interests in enzymology and protein science. He has special experience with isolation of soluble and membrane proteins, assay development, enzyme kinetics, binding, and transport studies. Dr. Buxbaum has taught courses in biochemistry, protein science, and molecular medicine at various universities.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.