All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.27
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
- £16.99Trending at £18.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to the closely related subjects of quantum optics and quantum information. It gives a simple, self-contained introduction to both, while illustrating the physical principles of quantum information processing using quantum optical systems.
- Author BiographyPeter Lambropoulos, at present Professor of Physics at the University of Crete, received his PhD in 1965 from the University of Michigan (USA). Since then he has been visiting fellow at JILA, Univ. of Colorado (USA), has served as chair of the physics department at the University of Southern California, Head of the Theory group at the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics in Garching as well as director of the Institute of Electronic Structure and Lasers in Crete. The research in his groups over the last 25 years has spanned a broad area of laser physics, such as multiphoton and strong field processes, coherent control, cavity QED, quantum optics in photonic bandgap materials, with recent involvement in the theory of atom lasers and quantum dots. He is author or coauthor of about 250 papers as well as numerous chapters in volumes dealing with the above subfields. P. Lambropoulos is Fellow of the American Physical Society, Chair of the Board EGAS (European Group on Atomic Spectroscopy) of EPS. David Petrosyan received his PhD in 1999 from the Institute for Physical Research, ANAS (Armenia). Since then he has been postdoctoral fellow at the Institute of Electronic Structure and Lasers (IESL) in Crete, Feinberg postdoctoral fellow at the Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel) and since 2002 is a member of the IESL. His research interests are centered around theoretical Laser Physics and Quantum Optics, such as coherent effects in multi-level atomic systems and cavity QED, as well as physical implementations of quantum computation and quantum communication schemes.
- Author(s)David Petrosyan,Peter Lambropoulos
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2010
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note95 Illustrations, black and white; XIV, 325 p. 95 illus.
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of hardcover 1st ed. 2007
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.