Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.15
- £21.38Trending at £25.03
- £23.02Trending at £23.32
- £25.98Trending at £27.04
- £16.56Trending at £25.05
- £12.96Trending at £16.84
- £10.98Trending at £17.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores both theoretical derivations and practical implementation of spacecraft attitude determination and control systems. It features real-world examples from actual working spacecraft missions.
- Author BiographyDr. F. Landis Markley has been a leader in spacecraft attitude estimation as well as one of the most important mission engineers. He joined the Computer Sciences Corporation in 1974 and established himself as an expert on all aspects of spacecraft attitude mission support. He moved to the U. S. Naval Research Laboratory in 1978 and to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in 1985. Since 2010, he has been Aerospace Engineer Emeritus in Goddard's Attitude Control Systems Engineering Branch. He has supported more than twenty space missions, most notably the Hubble Space Telescope, the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission and the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe. Dr. Markley is the author of many classic papers in spacecraft attitude estimation, dynamics, and control. He was one of the principal contributors to the book Spacecraft Attitude Determination and Control (Springer, 1978), which has been essential to the education of many astronautical engineers. He was elected Fellow of the AIAA in 1998 and of the AAS in 2007 and has been a Goddard Senior Fellow since 2000. He is a recipient of the NASA Exceptional Service Medal (1994 and 2005), the AIAA Mechanics and Control of Flight Award (1998), and the AAS Dirk Brouwer Award (2005). Dr. John L. Crassidis is the CUBRC Professor in Space Situational Awareness of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at the University of Buffalo (UB). Currently, he is the Director of UB's Center for Multisource Information Fusion. Before joining UB in 2001, he held previous academic appointments at Catholic University of America (1996-1998) and Texas A&M University (1998-2000). He also held a position as a NASA Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Goddard Space Flight Center (1996-1998). While at NASA-Goddard he worked on a number of mission projects, such as the Tropical Rainfall Measurement Mission, the Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellite, and the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe. He is first author to the book Optimal Estimation of Dynamic Systems, which is currently in its second edition. He was elected Fellow of the AAS in 2014 and Associate Fellow of the AIAA in 2002. He is a recipient of the AIAA Mechanics and Control of Flight Award (2012) and several teaching awards.
- Author(s)F. Landis Markley,John L. Crassidis
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/05/2014
- Series TitleSpace Technology Library
- Series Part/Volume Number33
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note92 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight913 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.