CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £19.99Trending at £23.80
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/07/2015
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note289 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables
- Weight1587 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byWoodrow Barfield
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsINTRODUCTION Wearable Computers and Augmented Reality: Musings and Future Directions Woodrow Barfield Wearable Computing: Meeting the Challenge Thad Starner Intimacy and Extimacy: Ethics, Power, and Potential of Wearable Technologies Patricia Flanagan, Despina Papadopoulos, and Georgina Voss THE TECHNOLOGY Head-Mounted Display Technologies for Augmented Reality Kiyoshi Kiyokawa Optics for Smart Glasses, Smart Eyewear, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality Headsets Bernard Kress Image-Based Geometric Registration for Zoomable Cameras Using Precalibrated Information Takafumi Taketomi Visual Tracking for Augmented Reality in Natural Environments Suya You and Ulrich Neumann Urban Visual Modeling and Tracking Jonathan Ventura and Tobias Hollerer Scalable Augmented Reality on Mobile Devices: Applications, Challenges, Methods, and Software Xin Yang and K.T. Tim Cheng Haptic Augmented Reality: Taxonomy, Research Status, and Challenges Seokhee Jeon, Seungmoon Choi, and Matthias Harders AUGMENTED REALITY Location-Based Mixed and Augmented Reality Storytelling Ronald Azuma Dimensions of Spatial Sound and Interface Styles of Audio Augmented Reality: Whereware, Wearware, and Everyware Michael Cohen Applications of Audio Augmented Reality: Wearware, Everyware, Anyware, and Awareware Michael Cohen and Julian Villegas Recent Advances in Augmented Reality for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Applications Amir H. Behzadan, Suyang Dong, and Vineet R. Kamat Augmented Reality Human-Robot Interfaces toward Augmented Robotics Maki Sugimoto Use of Mobile Augmented Reality for Cultural Heritage John Krogstie and Anne-Cecilie Haugstvedt Applications of Augmented Reality for the Automotive Industry Vincent Gay-Bellile, Steve Bourgeois, Dorra Larnaout, and Mohamed Tamaazousti Visual Consistency in Augmented Reality Compositing Jan Fischer Applications of Augmented Reality in the Operating Room Ziv Yaniv and Cristian A. Linte Augmented Reality for Image-Guided Surgery Marta Kersten-Oertel, Pierre Jannin, and D. Louis Collins WEARABLE COMPUTERS AND WEARABLE TECHNOLOGY Soft Skin Simulation for Wearable Haptic Rendering Gabriel Cirio, Alvaro G. Perez, and Miguel A. Otaduy Design Challenges of Real Wearable Computers Attila Reiss and Oliver Amft E-Textiles in the Apparel Factory: Leveraging Cut-and-Sew Technology toward the Next Generation of Smart Garments Lucy E. Dunne, Cory Simon, and Guido Gioberto Garment Devices: Integrating Energy Storage into Textiles Kristy Jost, Genevieve Dion, and Yury Gogotsi Collaboration with Wearable Computers Mark Billinghurst, Carolin Reichherzer, and Allaeddin Nassani
- Author BiographyWoodrow Barfield, PhD, JD, LLM, has served as professor of engineering at the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, where he received the National Science Foundation Presidential Young Investigator Award. Professor Barfield directed the Sensory Engineering Laboratory, where he was involved in research on sensors and augmented and virtual reality displays. He has served as a senior editor for Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments and is an associate editor for Virtual Reality. He has more than 350 publications and presentations, including invited lectures and keynote talks, and holds two degrees in law.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.