Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.74
- £14.82Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.56
- £11.71Trending at £12.84
About this product
- DescriptionDemonstrates how the various factors operating at Earth's surface can and do interact, and how landscape can be used to decipher them. This book explains the nature of the earth, its atmosphere and its oceans, the main processes of geomorphology and key elements of ecosystems.
- Author BiographyPeter Smithson is former Senior Lecturer in the Department of Geography at the University of Sheffield. His research interests include: precipitation climatology (applications in UK, Sri Lanka and Brazil); cave climatology; and climate change, especially in semi-arid environments. He has over 50 publications, and over 40 refereed research papers in journals. Ken Addison is Senior Lecturer at the School of Applied Sciences, University of Wolverhampton, and Fellow and Tutor in Physical Geography at St Peter's College, University of Oxford. His research interests include: Quaternary stratigraphy and geomorphology, with special interest in Wales; geotechnical and geomorphological studies of recent and contemporary slope stability; earth science conservation strategy and practice; and Medieval environmental change. Ken Atkinson is former Senior Lecturer in Geography at the University of Leeds. His research interests include: soil science; ecosystems; and resource management. He has worked on environmental management in Canada for a number of years, and has co-organised six international conferences on Canadian resource management and planning.
- Author(s)Ken Addison,Peter Smithson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/05/2008
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note581 colour illustrations, 70 colour tables, 174 colour illustrations, 407 colour line drawings
- Weight2398 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.