Consider these sponsored items
- £9.11Was:£11.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the final novel of her stunning trilogy, Mary Renault vividly imagines the life of Alexander the Great, the charismatic leader whose drive and ambition created a legend.
- Author BiographyMary Renault (1905-1983) was born in London and educated at St Hughs, Oxford. She trained as a nurse at Oxford's Radcliffe Infirmary, where she met her lifelong partner, Julie Mullard. Her first novel, Purposes of Love, was published in 1937. In 1948, after North Face won a MGM prize worth $150,000, she and Mullard emigrated to South Africa. There, Renault was able to write forthrightly about homosexual relationships for the first time - in her masterpiece, The Charioteer (1953), and then in her first historical novel, The Last of the Wine (1956). Renault's vivid novels set in the ancient world brought her worldwide fame. In 2010 Fire From Heaven was shortlisted for the Lost Booker of 1970.
- Author(s)Mary Renault
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVirago Modern Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number88
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight234 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Introduction byTom Holland
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £5.29Trending at £8.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.04
- £7.92Trending at £10.98
- £4.99Trending at £8.99
- £6.99Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.