Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.24Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDavid Pare,Thomas Strong
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2004
- Table Of ContentsStriving for Perspicuity: Talking Our Way Forward; Tom Strong and David Pare.- Levinas: Therapy as Discourse Ethics; Glenn Larner with Peter Rober and Tom Strong.- Acknowledging the Otherness of The Other: Poetic Knowing in Practice and the Fallacy of Misplaced Systematicity; Arlene Katz M. and John Shotter with Jaakko Siekkula.- Narrating the Difference; Johnella Bird with Catherine Cook.- Power, Authority, and Pointless Activity: The Developmental Discourse of Social Therapy; Lois Holzman and Fred Newman with Tom Strong.- A Postmodern Collaborative Approach: A Family's Reflections on 'In-the-Room' and 'On-the-Challenge Course' Therapy. It's all Language; Harlene Anderson and Paul Burney with Sue Levin.- The Client's Nonverbal Utterances, Creative Understanding & the Therapist's Inner Conversation; Peter Rober with Glenn Larner and David Pare.- Discursive Approaches to Clinical Research; Jerry Gale and John Lawless with Kathryn Roulston.- Coming to Terms with Violence and Resistance: From a Language of Effects to a Language of Responses; Nick Todd and Alan Wade with Martine Renoux.- What's Love Got to do with it? Managing Discursive Positions and Mediating Conflict Within a Heterosexual Love Relationship; Gerald Monk and Stacey L. Sinclair with Craig Smith.- Certainties v. Epiphanies: Forensic Therapies and Adversarial Assessments; Tom Conran with Tom Strong and Bradford Keeney.- Mesmerizing Violent Offenders with a Slice of Life: Drama and Reflexivity in the Treatment of Men who Abuse their Spouses; Bill Hanec with Don Baker.- Radical Youthwork: Creating and Becoming Everyone; Hans Skott-Myhre with Jessica Skott-Myhre, Kathy Skott-Myrhe and Reggie Harris.- Response-Able Practice: A Language of Gifts in the Institutions of Health Care; Christopher J. Kinman and Peter Finck with Lynn Hoffman.- Therapy as a Social Construction: Back to Basics and Forward toward Challenging Issues; Sheila McNameewith Lois Shawver.
- Author BiographyThomas Strong, Ph.D. is a psychologist and counselor educator at the University of Calgary. Formerly a practitioner throughout northwestern British Columbia, he recently re-entered academic life to explore the possibilities of discursive and postmodern thought for collaborative practice. Inspired by dialogica thinkers like Bakhtin, Garfinkel and Wittgenstein, his writing explores pragmatic and ethical issues such thought holds for psychotherapy, health conversations, and counselor education/supervision. Strong is also involved. In the Discursive Therapies ( The Virtual Faculty ) graduate program offered online from Massey University in New Zealand. David Pare, Ph.D. is a psychologist and counselor educator at the University of Ottawa as well as co-director (with Mishka Lysack) of the Glebe Institute, A Centre for Constructive and Collaborative Practice, in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. For the past decade his work has focused on the 'postmodern turn' in family therapy and psychotherapy. David has a particular interest in narrative ideas and practices; in addition to writing and presenting widely on that topic, he offers training and supervision to practitioners interested in developing collaborative therapeutic practices. He is currently conducting participatory action research with students into the process of teaching and learning collaborative therapy.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.