All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFusion Workouts offers an approach to fitness, yoga, Pilates, and barre that offers efficient ways to gain strength, muscle definition and endurance, flexibility, and balance.
- Author BiographyHelen Vanderburg, BPE, is owner of Heavens Elevated Fitness, Yoga and Spin Studio and the creator and program developer of Fusion Fitness Training. With a career in fitness beginning in 1982 and experience as a group fitness instructor, yoga teacher, Pilates teacher, personal trainer, and educator, she is an innovator in the fitness industry. She has taught and trained instructors on fusion exercise and Fusion Fitness Training since 2000. Vanderburg is a highly respected leader and conference speaker at regional, national, and international events, presenting at more than 20 conferences annually. Vanderburg holds a bachelor's degree in kinesiology physical education and is certified in yoga, Pilates, TRX, ACE group fitness, and several CanFitPro fitness disciplines. She has received numerous industry awards, including the IDEA Instructor of the Year in 2005 and CanFitPro Presenter of the Year in 1996, 2006, 2013, and 2015. She's also a consultant, education developer, and spokesperson for some of the world's most influential fitness companies, including Schwinn Cycling, BOSU, and Total Gym. Vanderburg has been a fitness columnist for numerous magazines and newspapers, including Fitness, Self, Chatelaine, Flare, and the Calgary Herald. Vanderburg has a lifelong passion for fitness and sport. In 1973 she became Canada's junior champion in synchronized swimming. At the 1978 World Aquatics Championships in Berlin she won the gold medal in both the solo and duet categories. In 1978 and 1979 she received the Elaine Tanner Trophy and in 1979 she was named Canadian Female Athlete of the Year. Because of the Canadian boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow, she was unable to compete in the first Olympic Games to include synchronized swimming. She was inducted into the Canada Sports Hall of Fame in 1983 and the International Swimming Hall of Fame in 1985. Vanderburg lives in Calgary, Alberta.
- Author(s)Helen Vanderburg
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Note8 Illustrations, color; 1065 Halftones, color
- Weight771 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18 to 99 years
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £22.68
- £0.99Trending at £6.29
- £10.30Trending at £10.47
- £16.61Trending at £16.82
- £14.50Trending at £20.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.