All listings for this product
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.04
- £32.33Trending at £33.22
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £9.84Trending at £16.99
- £20.62Trending at £30.00
- £4.45Trending at £4.99
About this product
- Author(s)Arnold Brown,Edie Weiner
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments. Introduction. I. PERSONAL TRAPS: INDIVIDUAL BIASES AND BLOCKS TO SEEING AND UNDERSTANDING CHANGE. 1. Looking Through Alien Eyes. 2. Trend/Countertrend. 3. Substituting the Spiral for the Pendulum. 4. The Extremes Inform the Middle. II. ORGANIZATIONAL TRAPS: INSTITUTIONAL BIASES AND BLOCKS TO RESPONDING TO CHANGE. 6. The Multiplier Effect of New Distribution Channels. 7. Entropy. 8. Integrity Begets Quality. III. SPRINGING THE TRAP: SEEING THE BIG PICTURE. 9. The Law of Large Numbers. 10. Demography. 11. Compromise Versus Lowest Common Denominators. IV. IMAGINING THE WAY: USING METAPHORS TO FREE YOUR MIND. 12. The Three-Legged Stools of the Political Agenda. 13. Right-of-Way. 14. Football Meets Shopping. 15. Managing by Harnessing Evolution. 16. Self-Defeating and Self-Fulfilling Prophecies. Conclusion. References. Index.
- Author BiographyEdie Weiner is President president of Weiner Edrich Brown, Inc., a leading futurist consultancy based in New York City. She has thirty30 years experience in issues analysis and strategic planning, and was the youngest outside woman elected to the Board of a major financial institution. A guest lecturer at Wharton and Harvard, her work has appeared in Harvard Business Review and The Wall Street Journal. Arnold Brown,Chairman chairman of Weiner Edrich Brown, Inc., pioneered strategic scanning for management. His clients have included GM, 3M, the IRS, Merck, and the U.S. Congress. He is a director of the World Future Society. The authors' previous books include Supermanaging and Insider's Guide to the Future.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.