Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £10.50Trending at £11.91
- £16.40Trending at £17.08
- £11.70Trending at £14.06
- £7.49Trending at £12.99
- £11.27Trending at £12.12
- £9.30Trending at £12.97
- £28.30Trending at £32.57
About this product
- DescriptionHelps the wireless industry gets its arms around the issues with contributions from many of the pioneering companies in the mobile data industry. This book equips professionals with plain English explanations of technology, markets, billing systems, terminals and management challenges.
- Author BiographyJohn Hoffman has worked with the GSM Association since early 1997 as a Senior Consulting Director responsible for numerous GSMA initiatives, including the M-Services Requirements Program, the GPRS Roaming Initiative, the M-Commerce Task Force, the GSM Certification Forum, and the initial 3G Program Plan. He has held various executive positions in the wireless industry: Regional Director of Central and North Florida for BellSouth Mobility; Chief Operating Officer of SONOFON in Denmark; Director of BellSouth International in Brussels, Belgium; General Manager of BellSouth Mobility DCS in Charlotte, North Carolina; and Chief Operating Officer of Pocket Communications in Washington, D.C. Mr. Hoffman has management experience in all phases of an operator's wireless business, including sales, marketing, technical engineering and operations, customer care, distribution, and general profit and loss management. He has managed the implementation, commercial launch, and operations of wireless networks which include GSM 900, GSM 1900, US AMPS, and US DAMPS technologies in the United States and Europe. John holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture and a Master of Architecture Degree from the University of Michigan, as well as a Master of Business Administration Degree from the University of Phoenix. He is a licensed Architect in the state of Colorado and is a keynote speaker at numerous conferences and seminars around the world. John writes and publishes an electronic newsletter, The Wireless Evolution Insider, which provides information about wireless data business sector. John resides in Charlotte, North Carolina and travels extensively on business-related activities.
- Author(s)John Hoffman,M. Spencer
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleDemystified
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Out-of-print date01/04/2009
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight825 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.