Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.48Trending at £13.99
- £15.13Trending at £15.52
- £8.76Trending at £12.08
- £10.68Trending at £12.39
- £10.22Trending at £10.91
- £4.21Trending at £5.82
- £9.01Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionPreviously published in Space science reviews, volume 178, issue 1, 2013.
- Author BiographyDr. Maria Zuber has been involved in more than half a dozen NASA planetary missions aimed at mapping the Moon, Mars, Mercury, and several asteroids. The topographic map of Mars produced by the laser altimeter experiment she co-led on the Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft is the most accurate topography model for any planet, including Earth. Her research interests include theoretical modeling of geophysical processes; analysis of altimetry, gravity and tectonics to determine the structure and dynamics of the Earth and solid planets; and development and implementation of spacecraft laser and radio tracking experiments. She currently serves as principal investigator of the NASA Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission that mapped the global gravity field of the Moon at higher resolution than Earth. At present, she also is involved in experiments on the NASA Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, MESSENGER mission to Mercury and Dawn mission to asteroids Vesta and Ceres. In addition to her research on the structure and evolution of the terrestrial planets, she participated in experiments that have recorded the longest one-way and two-way laser links. Professor Zuber has received numerous awards for her work and is a member of the US National Academy of Science. Professor C. T. Russell is a member of the faculties of both the Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics and the Department of Earth and Space Sciences. He is acting System-wide Director of IGPP. He is the head of the Space Physics Center in IGPP, UCLA and the Director of the UCLA Branch of the California Space Grant Consortium. He is the principal investigator on the POLAR mission; a co-investigator on the magnetometer team on the Cassini mission to Saturn; the ROMAP investigation on the Rosetta mission to comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko; the IMPACT investigation on the STEREO mission to study solar and solar wind disturbances; the THEMIS mission to study substorms; and the magnetometer investigation on the Venus Express mission to study the solar wind interaction with Venus. He is the principal investigator of the Dawn mission to the asteroids Vesta and Ceres.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 68 colour illustrations, 17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight300 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edited byChristopher T. Russell,Maria T. Zubil
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.