All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers an introduction to galactic astrophysics to advanced undergraduate students, graduate students, and researchers. This book covers topics including N-body simulation methods, black holes in stellar systems, linear stability and response theory, and galaxy formation in the cosmological context.
- Author BiographyJames Binney is professor of physics at the University of Oxford. His books include Galactic Astronomy. Scott Tremaine is the Richard Black Professor of Astrophysics at the Institute for Advanced Study and a member of the National Academy of Sciences. Both are fellows of the Royal Society.
- PrizesWinner of Winner, 2013 Eddington Medal, Royal Astronomical Society 2013.
- Author(s)James Binney,Scott Tremaine
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2008
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePrinceton Series in Astrophysics
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note16 color illus. 205 halftones.
- Weight1247 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementSecond
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.