All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe story of the relationship between the scientist Galileo and his illegitimate daughter, Virginia, who was ensconced in a convent. The relationship is revealed from letters between father and daughter which reveal a mutual passion for science and a loving relationship, lasting until her death at the age of thirty three.
- Author BiographyDava Sobel is the internationally reknowned author of Longitude. She is also an award-winning former science reporter for the New York Times and writes frequently about science for several magazines, including The New Yorker, Audubon, Discover, Life and Omni.
- Author(s)Dava Sobel
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication07/10/1999
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFourth Estate Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/10/2004
- Content Note40 b&w illustrations
- Weight840 g
- Width158 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £145.00
- £40.47Trending at £46.62
- £27.26Trending at £29.76
- £23.69Trending at £28.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.