Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £12.35
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.56
- £17.29Trending at £28.02
- £11.91Trending at £20.01
- £8.63Trending at £16.99
- £14.72Trending at £20.04
About this product
- Author(s)James A. Warren
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2013
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the Modern History of Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1. Gambling and Socio-Economic Change in Nineteenth-Century Siam 2. Games, Dens and Players: Gambling in Nineteenth-Century Thai Society 3. Gambling Revenue and the Creation of the Modern Thai Nation-State 4. The Thai Elite, Anti-Gambling and Lawmaking 5. The Police and Enforcement 6. The Judiciary, Punishment and the Prison 7. The Press and the Bangkok Middle Class 8. Buddhism, the Sangha and the General Public 9. Siamese Vice: The Criminalisation of Gambling in Comparative Perspective 10. Conclusion
- Author BiographyJames A. Warren is a lecturer in the Social Science Division of Mahidol University International College, Thailand.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.