Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.08
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive graduate-level review of GRB astrophysics and its history, featuring the latest research by an international team of experts.
- Author BiographyDr Chryssa Kouveliotou joined the Gamma Ray Astrophysics Team at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in 1991. She has received the Rossi Prize of the American Astronomical Society and the Descartes Prize of the European Union for her work on magnetars and gamma ray bursts. Professor Ralph Wijers is the Director of the Astronomical Institute - Anton Pannekoek, and holds the Chair of High-Energy Astrophysics at the University of Amsterdam. He has worked on gamma ray bursts at Princeton University Observatory and Cambridge. Professor Stan Woosley is the author of over 300 publications on the subjects of stellar evolution, supernovae and gamma ray bursts. He has received the Rossi Prize of the American Astronomical Society and the Bethe Prize of the American Physical Society for his work.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/11/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Astrophysics
- Series Part/Volume Number51
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note113 b/w illus. 9 colour illus. 8 tables
- Weight860 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byChryssa Kouveliotou,Ralph A. M. J. Wijers,Stan Woosley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.