Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe long-running, popular comic strip about the fat and lazy cat named Garfield comes to life with this live-action Hollywood comedy. Based on characters created by Jim Davis, the film tells the story of this supremely spoiled pet, who wants the affection of everyone around him, only he wants it on his own terms. Trouble arises one day when, under the influence of the beautiful veterinarian Liz (Jennifer Love Hewitt), Garfield's owner Jon (Breckin Meyer) stuns him by bringing home a cuddly dog, Odie. Jealous at the attention Odie is receiving, Garfield locks Odie out of the house. Odie runs away and when he's kidnapped by the evil television personality Happy Chapman (Stephen Tobolowsky), Garfield realizes his mistake, and embarks on a brave mission to rescue his new housemate. Bill Murray is a perfect choice to provide the loveable voice behind the computer-animated cat. Director Peter Hewitt keeps the story moving along at a clipped pace, which will ensure that children's attention spans won't be tested. Breezy and charming, GARFIELD is a nostalgic return to the past for older viewers who grew up with the fuzzy feline, and an engaging introduction for younger audiences who are meeting him for the very first time.
- Leading Role 1Jennifer Love Hewitt
- Director 1Peter Hewitt
- Leading Role 2Breckin Meyer
- Leading Role 3Stephen Tobolowsky
- Additional Roles byBill Murray
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2004
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time80 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- dementedpixie20...06 Dec, 2014by
Good purchase , Ideal for keeping little ones amused.
Bought it for my grandson, he loves it. Keeps him amused and laughs his head off. Will be looking for other Garfield films.
- ape191009 Jun, 2014by
Great family film!
Great film my grandchildren love it, and will watch it time and again! Garfield newspaper cartoon cat brought to life, ace! Good film to have in our DVD library. However the sequel is funnier and double the fun.
- ccxx7707 Aug, 2009by
Garfield is very funny, a great family film.
The computer graphics are excellent, making Garfield a very believable cat. Great storyline, easy for kids to follow but also some adult humour thrown in, all in all a great film.
- m4roho17 Jul, 2006by
not just for kids
Garfield was a very funny movie - not just for kids. I saw this movie after renting it - and found it so funny, i bought it soon after. The story is a bit cliched - but it was still good fun. The story of a fat cat on the run should amuse everyone.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £4.99Trending at £5.09
- £4.99Trending at £9.99
- £8.99Trending at £9.18
- £4.21Trending at £5.55
- £36.74Trending at £37.55
- £4.48Trending at £4.65
- £23.15Trending at £23.65