All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.73
- £21.31Trending at £29.90
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.75
- £13.47Trending at £25.49
- £18.30Trending at £29.77
- £18.87Trending at £26.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines and analyses the connections between gastronomy, tourism and the media. It argues that in the modern world, gastronomy is increasingly a major component and driver of tourism and that destinations are using their cuisines and food cultures in marketing to increase their competitive advantage.
- Author BiographyWarwick Frost is an Associate Professor in Tourism and Events at La Trobe University, Australia, whose research interests include heritage, regional development, events and tourism and the media. Jennifer Laing is an Associate Professor in Management at La Trobe University, Australia and her research interests include tourist narratives, heritage tourism and exploring extraordinary tourist experiences. Gary Best is an Honorary Associate at La Trobe University, Australia, who has lectured in cultural tourism, festival and event management and gastronomy. Kim Williams is a Lecturer in Events at William Angliss Institute, Australia, whose research interests include gastronomy, service management, wine cellar doors and fashion events. Paul Strickland is a Lecturer in Hospitality Management at La Trobe University, Australia and has taught in a Hospitality Management program in Bhutan. Clare Lade is a Lecturer in Tourism and Hospitality Management at La Trobe University, Australia, whose interests include regional development, cultural tourism and festivals and events.
- Author(s)Clare Lade,Gary Best,Jennifer Laing,Kim Williams,Paul Strickland,Warwick Frost
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2016
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight401 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.