All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContrary to popular opinion, geisha are not prostitutes but literally arts people . Their accomplishments include singing, dancing or playing a musical instrument and they are masters of the art of conversation. The real secret history of the geisha is explored here.
- Author BiographyLesley Downer lived in Japan for more than ten years and speaks fluent Japanese. As well as contributing a weekly column to The Scotsman she writes features for the Independent, the Financial Times and The Sunday Times.
- Author(s)Lesley Downer
- PublisherHeadline Publishing Group
- Date of Publication14/06/2001
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHeadline Book Publishing
- Out-of-print date18/02/2011
- Content Note8 illustrations, 8pp colour photos
- Weight330 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.80Trending at £15.24
- £8.61Trending at £9.98
- £19.97Trending at £29.55
- £4.45Trending at £6.06
- £10.58Trending at £10.98
- £10.12Trending at £12.99
- £3.78Trending at £3.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.