Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.15
- £9.60Trending at £9.77
- £12.17Trending at £13.36
- £6.95Trending at £8.98
- £6.38Trending at £6.94
- £11.51Trending at £15.73
- £5.54Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionPublished as a special issue of Feminist Economics , this book examines how women's well-being compared with men's is being affected by the reforms associated with China's membership in the WTO.
- Author BiographyGunseli Berik is Professor of Economics at the University of Utah in the United States. Her recent research focuses on international trade, gender wage inequality and working conditions in Asia with a particular focus on Bangladesh, China, Korea, and Taiwan; debates on labour standards; and gender inequalities in training for the skilled trades in the U.S. Dr. Berik is a Co-editor for the journal Feminist Economics, and a guest editor most recently of the journal's Inequality, Development, and Growth special issue (2009). Xiao-yuan Dong is Professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Winnipeg, Canada, and an adjunct Professor of the China Center of Economic Research, Peking University, China. She received her doctorate from the University of Alberta, Canada. Her research focuses on China's economic transition and development. Gale Summerfield is Director of the Women and Gender in Global Perspectives Program and Associate Professor of Human and Community Development at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Her current research interests address gender and economic reform in China, human security (income, property rights, and health), and transnational migration.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/11/2009
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byGale Summerfield,Gunseli Berik,Xiao-Yuan Dong
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.