Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £7.28
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionGender, Imperialism and Global Exchanges presents a collection of original readings that address gendered dimensions of empire from a wide range of geographical and temporal settings.
- Author BiographyStephan Miescher is Associate Professor of History at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is the author of Making Men in Ghana (2005) and the co-editor of Modernization as Spectacle in Africa (2014), Africa After Gender? (2007) and Men and Masculinities in Modern Africa (2003). He is also a former co-editor of Ghana Studies and co-director of the University of California Multicampus Research Group in African Studies. Michele Mitchell is Associate Professor of History at New York University and former North American editor of Gender & History. She is the author of Righteous Propagation: African Americans and the Politics of Racial Destiny after Reconstruction (2004), and co-editor of Dialogues of Dispersal: Gender, Sexuality and African Diasporas (Blackwell, 2004). Naoko Shibusawa is Associate Professor of History and American Studies at Brown University, where she teaches courses on US empire. She is the author of America s Geisha Ally: Reimagining the Japanese Enemy (2006).
- Author(s)Michele Mitchell,Naoko Shibusawa,Stephan F. Miescher
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleGender and History Special Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.