CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.69
- £15.92Trending at £19.92
- £13.01Trending at £20.00
- £10.99Trending at £14.36
- £3.00Trending at £3.93
- £4.78Trending at £4.94
About this product
- DescriptionIn Greek tragedy, women constantly struggle to control language. This book shows how aspects of women's communication-song, silence and secret-keeping as female verbal genres, and the challenges of speaking out of place-constitute a decisive factor in Euripides' portrayal of gender.
- Author BiographyJ. H. Kim On Chong-Gossard, Ph.D. (1999) in Classical Philology, University of Michigan, is a Lecturer in Classics at the University of Melbourne in Australia. Research interests include gender in Greek tragedy, and Roman sexual scandals in Suetonius' biographies.
- Author(s)J.H. Kim On Chong-Gossard
- Date of Publication15/08/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMnemosyne, Supplements
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 296
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight605 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.