Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- DescriptionCaptures the intense, complex, and gendered experience of those living along the barbed-wire borderlands of Mexico and the United States. This title explores themes of homeland, sexuality, language, violence, colonialism, and political resistance within the frameworks of Chicana/Chicano inquiry.
- Author BiographyAntonia Castaneda, born in Texas and raised in the state of Washington, is an associate professor of history at Saint Mary's University in San Antonio, Texas. Susan H. Armitage is a professor of history at Washington State University and is the former faculty editor of Frontiers: A Journal of Women Studies. Patricia Hart teaches in the School of Journalism and Mass Media and is the coordinator of the American studies program at the University of Idaho. She is the former managing editor of Frontiers. Karen Weathermon, former assistant editor of Frontiers, directs Washington State University's Writing Across the Curriculum program and serves as the book review editor of Issues in Writing. Contributors include Katherine Benton-Cohen, Maria Antonietta Berriozabal, Yolanda Broyles-Gonzalez, Gabriel S. Estrada, Priscilla Falcon, Deena J. Gonzalez, Gabriela Gonzalez, Virginia Grise, Evelyn Hu-DeHart, Judith L. Huacja, Amy Kastely, Yolanda Chavez Leyva, Clara Lomas, Maria de la Luz Ibarra, Emma Perez, Anita Tijerina Revilla, Graciela I. Sanchez, Carmen Tafolla, Deborah R. Vargas, and Theresa A. Ybanez.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Note33 illustrations, index
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byAntonia Castaneda,Karen Weathermon,Patricia Hart,Susan H. Armitage
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.