CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionIn the fall of 1980, Genentech, Inc, a little-known California genetic engineering company, became the overnight darling of Wall Street, raising over $38 million in its initial public stock offering. This title offers portraits of the people significant to Genentech's science and business, including co-founders Herbert Boyer and Robert Swanson.
- Author BiographySally Smith Hughes is a historian of science at the Bancroft Library at the University of California, Berkeley. She is the author of The Virus: A History of the Concept and the creator of an extensive collection of in-depth oral histories on bioscience, biomedicine, and biotechnology.
- Author(s)Sally Smith Hughes
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- GenreInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note19 halftones
- Weight467 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.