Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.03
- £17.70Trending at £25.48
- £20.30Trending at £27.00
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.42
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- DescriptionTailored to advanced undergraduates, this textbook provides a thorough explanation of general and statistical thermodynamics. It begins with an introduction to statistical mechanics, deriving all the important formulae meticulously and explicitly, without mathematical short cuts.
- Author BiographyHONORS AND AWARDS Fulbright Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Pennsylvania: 1962 - 1964. Fellow American Physical Society EMPLOYMENT: Senior Scientific Officer and Adviser to the Chairman, Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission, 1964-66. TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA. : Assistant Professor of Physics: 1966-1968 Associate Professor of Physics: 1968-1971 Professor of Physics: 1971 to present Chairman Department of Physics: July, 1990 to August, 1995. Other relevant employment: United Kingdom Atomic Energy Research Establishment Fellow at Harwell, U.K., Summer 1962; August and September, 1964. Professeur d'echange, Faculte des Sciences, Orsay, Universite de Paris - 1971. Visiting Professor, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil -Summer, 1973; December and January, 1974 Visiting Professor, Federal University of Alagoas, Maceio, Brazil - 1980. Senior Scientific Consultant to the U.N. Development Program - 1981. On seven different occasions---that is: Spring, 1970; Summers: 1977; 1979; 1981; 1982; 1985; 1986---appointed as: Research Leader, International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy' NATO Senior Visiting Fellow, Oxford University - 1974. United Kingdom Science Research Council Visiting Scientist, Oxford University - Summers: 1975, 1978, and 1980. National Science Foundation of Brazil (called CNPq) Senior Visiting Scientist - December, January, 1976. Senior Visiting Scientist, Polish Academy of Science, Poland - 1976. United States National Academy and the Yugoslav Academy of Sciences, Senior Visiting Fellow at the Institute Stefan in Ljubljana, Yugoslavia - Summer 1976. Fellow, Kyoto University Foundation, Kyoto, Japan - 1980. (British)Royal Society Visiting Professor, Oxford University - Summers 1983 and 1984. Visiting Scientist, Max Planck Institute, Munich, Germany -Summer 1985. Senior Visiting Scientist, Institut Laue-Langevin, Grenoble, France (July-Dec., 1989). Senior Visiting Scientist, Institute of Theoretical Physics, Helsinki, Finland (August, 1992).
- Author(s)Raza Tahir-Kheli
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication23/09/2011
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations
- Weight1210 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.