All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith Genetics: A Conceptual Approach, Pierce brings a master teacher's experience to the introductory genetics textbook, clarifying this complex subject by focusing on the big picture of genetics concepts. The new edition features an emphasis on problem-solving and relevant applications, while incorporating the latest trends in genetics research.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Pierce received a BS in Biology from Southern Methodist University and a PhD from the University of Colorado, USA. Ben is currently Professor of Biology and holder of the Lillian Nelson Pratt Chair at Southwestern University, Georgetown, TX. He is a population geneticist who conducts ecological and evolutionary research on amphibians. Ben has authored a number of articles in research journals and several books, including: The Family Genetics Sourcebook, a guide to genetics for the layperson; Genetics: A Conceptual Approach, a general genetics textbook; Genetics Essentials: Concepts and Connections, a brief genetics textbook; and Transmission and Population Genetics: A Short Course, a textbook for courses in transmission and population genetics. Ben is a member of the steering committee of the 21st Century Science Coalition, a group of scientists who support strong science standards for Texas public schools. He is the President of the Texas Academy of Science, is a member of Phi Beta Kappa and Sigma Xi, and is a Fellow of the Texas Academy of Science. He currently serves on the editorial board of Bioscience. He has received research and teaching grants from the Natural Science Foundation, the W. M. Keck Foundation, the 3M Foundation, the National Park Service, the Williamson County Conservation Foundation, and the National Geographic Society.
- Author(s)Benjamin A. Pierce
- PublisherW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication27/12/2013
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintW.H.Freeman & Co Ltd
- Weight1929 g
- Width236 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.14
- £24.00Trending at £33.43
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
- £20.99Trending at £25.01
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £22.98Trending at £24.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.