All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating volume brings together leading specialists who have analyzed the thoughts and records documenting the worldviews of a wide range of pre-modern societies. The book presents evidence from across the ages; from antiquity through to the Age of Discovery.
- Author BiographyKurt A. Raaflaub is David Herlihy University Professor, and Professor of Classics and History, at Brown University. His numerous publications include The Discovery of Freedom (2004) and Origins of Democracy in Ancient Greece (2007, co-authored with Josiah Ober and Robert Wallace). He is also the editor of Social Struggles in Archaic Rome (Blackwell, 2005), and War and Peace in the Ancient World (Blackwell, 2007), and co-editor of A Companion to Archaic Greece (Wiley-Blackwell, 2009). Richard J.A. Talbert is William Rand Kenan, Jr, Professor of History and Classics at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is the editor of the Barrington Atlas of the Greek and Roman World (2000), and co-editor of Space in the Roman World: Its Perception and Presentation (2004), as well as of Cartography in Antiquity and the Middle Ages: Fresh Perspectives, New Methods (2008). His major study Rome s World: The Peutinger Map Reconsidered will appear in 2010.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/01/2013
- Series TitleAncient World: Comparative Histories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight572 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKurt A. Raaflaub,Richard J. A. Talbert
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £10.96Trending at £11.97
- £7.59Trending at £7.80
- £12.85Trending at £14.75
- £8.00Trending at £8.82
- £8.12Trending at £8.62
- £6.09Trending at £7.09
- £9.60Trending at £11.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.