All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShropshire was visited by great pioneers of geology and many fundamental terms and principles of geology are based on Britain's geology. This book explains the geological history of Shropshire, lasting 500 million years, from the Antarctic Circle through the Tropics and across the equator to our latitudes, a distance of 12,000km.
- Author BiographyDr Peter Toghill has always had an interest in the conservation of geological sites for teaching. In the 1980s he was Secretary of the Geological Society of London's Conservation Committee. In 2001 he was awarded the Geological Society of London's R.K. Worth Prize for the promotion of the public understanding of geology. He has also published a companion book, Geology of Britain, in 2000 [Airlife/Crowood].
- Author(s)Peter Toghill
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2006
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note180 colour photographs and diagrams
- Weight650 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.69Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.47
- £8.24Trending at £11.94
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.