All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces fundamentals of geometry in the approximate order of their discovery, from the ancient Greeks through Euclid, to Descartes, Euler and Gauss, to spatial geometry, matrices and projective geometry. Includes many examples, figures and images.
- Author BiographyAlexander Ostermann has published numerous research articles as well as several books with Springer. He is a professor in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. Gerhard Wanner is the former President of Section VII of the Swiss Academy of Natural Sciences, former Head of Department of Mathematics at the University of Geneva, and former President of the Swiss Mathematical Society. He is the author of several books with Springer, including Analysis by its History, written together with Ernst Hairer.
- Author(s)Alexander Ostermann,Gerhard Wanner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication11/04/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics / Readings in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight836 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.86Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.