All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.34Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.06
- £8.41Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £8.89
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis graduate textbook in geophysics covers aspects of the Earth's interior often treated separately.
- Author BiographyBrian Kennett is Director and Distinguished Professor of Seismology at the Research School of Earth Sciences in The Australian National University. Professor Kennett's research interests are directed towards understanding the structure of the Earth through seismological observations. He is the recipient of the 2006 Murchison Medal of the Geological Society of London, and the 2007 Gutenberg Medal of the European Geosciences Union, and he is a Fellow of the Royal Society of London. Professor Kennett is the author of three other books for Cambridge University Press - Seismic Wave Propagation in Stratified Media (1983), The Seismic Wavefield: Introduction and Theoretical Development (2001), and The Seismic Wavefield: Interpretation of Seismograms on Regional and Global Scales (2002). Hans-Peter Bunge is Professor and Chair of Geophysics at the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Munich, and is Head of the Munich Geo-Center. Prior to his Munich appointment he spent five years on the faculty at Princeton University. Professor Bunge's research interests lie in the application of high performance computing to problems of Earth and planetary evolution, including core, mantle and lithospheric dynamics. A member of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences, Bunge is also President of the Geodynamics Division of the European Geosciences Union (EGU).
- Author(s)B. L. N. Kennett,H. -P. Bunge
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2008
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note188 b/w illus.
- Weight1010 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.