Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.99
- £19.38Trending at £29.99
- £10.71Trending at £12.33
- £12.89Trending at £16.61
- £10.84Trending at £11.28
- £11.30Trending at £13.25
- £4.63Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Washington's childhood is famously the most elusive part of his life story. For centuries biographers have struggled with a lack of period documentation and an absence of late-in-life reflection in trying to imagine Washington's formative years. In George Washington Written upon the Land, Philip Levy explores this most famous of American childhoods through its relationship to the Virginia farm where much of it took place.
- Author BiographyPhilip Levy is professor of history at the University ofSouth Florida and was part of the team that discovered and excavatedGeorge Washington s boyhood home, a project that made national news in 2008. He is the author of Where the Cherry Tree Grew: The Story of Ferry Farm, George Washington s Boyhood Home and Fellow Travelers: Indians and Europeans Contesting the Early American Trail.
- Author(s)Philip Levy
- PublisherWest Virginia University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- GenreBiography: General
- Place of PublicationMorganstown
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWest Virginia University Press
- Content Note12 illustrations, 5 graphs, 2 maps
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.