CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.04
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
About this product
- DescriptionCovers the country region by region, taking the form of a literary journey through the transition from Soviet Georgia to the modern independent nation state. This book provides the comprehensive cultural and historical introduction to modern Georgia. It is useful for those interested in this region as well as for students and researchers.
- Author BiographyPeter Nasmyth's writings and photographs on the Caucasus region have been published in most major UK magazines and newspapers. He has also written for several in American publications, including the Washington Post. Since his first visit to Georgia in 1987 he has also developed several broadcast projects in the region and been nominated for the United Nations Media Peace Prize by the BBC. Alongside this he also started a charity, 'Children of the Caucasus;' been a director of Georgia's first international arts festival, GIFT in 1997; curated the exhibition 'The Wardrops, a Legacy of Britain in Georgia' - for the British Council and Foreign Office; and in 1999 co-founded the first English language bookshop in Tbilisi. He presently lives between London and Tbilisi.
- Author(s)Peter Nasmyth
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleCaucasus World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date18/01/2017
- Content Note188 black & white illustrations, 188 black & white halftones
- Weight716 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.