All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.39Trending at £6.43
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.12Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £9.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £18.71Trending at £20.39
About this product
- Author(s)Werner Plumpe
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note9 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight621 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Table Of ContentsGerman Economic and Business History from the Nineteenth Century to the Present Day: Introductory Remarks.- Part I: Economic Ideas.- 1. Economic Thought and Economic Development: On the Linkage of Economic History and the Historical Semantics of the Economy.- 2. The Birth of the Homo Economicus: Historical Thoughts on the Origins and Significance of this Model of Human Behavior for the Modern Economy.- Part II: Business History.- 3. The Improbability of the Jubilee - Or: Why the Only Way to Shed Light on a Firm is through its History.- 4. Business and Industry under National Socialism - An Interim Report.- 5. 1968 and German firms: On Marking Out a Field of Research.- 6. The Economy of the Kaiserreich: Notes on the Genealogy of German Capitalism.- Part III: Economic History.- 7. The National Association of German Industry (RDI) and the Crisis of the Weimar Economy.- 8. The Economic and Corporate History of Nazism: Reflections from the Perspective of Systems Theory.- 9. Germany as an Industrial Country 1945-2008.- Part IV: The History of Industrial Relations.- 10. Capital and Labor: Concepts and Practice of Industrial Relations in the 20th Century.- <11. Carl Duisberg, the end of World War I, and the Birth of Social Partnership from the Spirit of Defeat.- 12. Industrial Relations in the GDR: A Mere Footnote to German Economic History?.
- Author BiographyWerner Plumpe is Professor of Economics and Social History at the Goethe-University of Frankfurt, Germany. He studied history and economics at Ruhr University Bochum, Germany and received his PhD in 1985. He has held various positions in advisory boards, such as Chairman of the Academic Advisory Board of the German Society of Business History and President of the German Association of Historians.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.