All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGerman writers, be it Goethe, Nietzsche, Marx, Brecht or Mann, have had a profound influence on the modern world. This Very Short Introduction illuminates the particular character and power of German literature, and examines its impact on the wider cultural world.
- Author BiographyNicholas Boyle is the Schroder Professor of German and President of Magdalene College at the University of Cambridge. He was also Head of the University's Department of German from1996 to 2001. He has so far published two volumes of his prizewinnning biography, Goethe: the Poet and the Age, and his most recent book is Sacred and Secular Scriptures: a Catholic approach to literature published in 2004, based on the Erasmus Lectures which he delivered at Notre Dame University. Professor Boyle is a Fellow of the British Academy, holds an honorary degree from Georgetown University in Washington DC, and was awarded the Goethe Medal of the Goethe Institut in 2000.
- Author(s)Nicholas Boyle
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication28/02/2008
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleVery Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note15 black-and-white halftones
- Weight165 g
- Width110 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.30
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.93Trending at £24.43
- £8.01Trending at £12.04
- £8.99Trending at £9.30
- £6.23Trending at £6.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.