All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Dr. Gabriele D'Ottavio,Thomas Saalfeld
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2015
- GenreGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 19 b&w illustrations
- Weight592 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction: breaking the mould of post-unification German politics?, Gabriele D'Ottavio and Thomas Saalfeld. Part I Policy Environment: A coalition whose time had already passed ... the economic and social policies of the second Merkel government, Reimut Zohlnhofer; A new German question? Germany and European integration in historical perspective, Gabriele D'Ottavio; Germany, the Euro crisis, and risk management: Europe's reluctant and vulnerable hegemonic power, Kenneth Dyson; Germany's foreign policy: challenges and opportunities after the federal election in 2013, Alister Miskimmon and Luuk Molthof. Part II The 2013 Election: Chancellor Merkel, the European debt crisis and the AfD: an analysis of voting behaviour in the 2013 federal election, Matthias Mader and Harald Schoen; Party manifestos in representative democracy: strengthening the electoral connection?, Margret Hornsteiner; Programmatic change in the two main parties: CDU and SPD on their way to the grand coalition, Uwe Jun and Simon Jakobs; The failed struggle for office instead of votes: the Greens, Die Linke and the FDP, Simon T. Franzmann; So similar, yet so different: Alternative fur Deutschland and the Pirate Party, Gianfranco Baldini and Silvia Bolgherini; Coalition formation and coalition governance after the election of 2013, Thomas Saalfeld. Indexes.
- Author BiographyGabriele D'Ottavio is Research Fellow at the Italian-German Historical Institute-FBK in Trento and teaches International and European History at the University of Trento. His research focuses on the history of European integration as well as on the history of Germany after 1945. Thomas Saalfeld is Professor of Political Science at the University of Bamberg and elected Fellow of the UK Academy of Social Sciences. His main areas of research are legislative studies, political representation, coalition politics and political parties both in Germany and in a comparative European perspective. He is the managing editor of German Politics, the leading academic journal in this field in the English-speaking world.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.58Trending at £4.82
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £6.79Trending at £10.85
- £5.09Trending at £5.54
- £19.03Trending at £19.62
- £7.00Trending at £8.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.