All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first single-author account of German history from the Reformation to the early nineteenth century since Hajo Holborn's study written in the 1950s, Dr Whaley provides a full account of the history of the Holy Roman Empire. Volume I extends from Maximilian I to the Peace of Westphalia.
- Author BiographyJoachim Whaley read History at Christ's College Cambridge. He held Fellowships in History at Christ's College and Robinson College before becoming a Lecturer in German in the Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages at Cambridge, where he teaches German history, thought, and language. He is the author of Religious Toleration and Social Change in Hamburg 1529-1819 and of numerous articles on early modern and modern German history. He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society in 1984, and Fellow of the British Academy in 2015.
- Author(s)Joachim Whaley
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleOxford History of Early Modern Europe
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note2 black and white maps
- Weight1038 g
- Width158 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £7.00
- £16.82Trending at £24.05
- £11.16Trending at £15.03
- £14.49Trending at £20.01
- £19.58Trending at £25.06
- £6.78Trending at £13.02
- £19.44Trending at £30.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.