All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAims to illuminate the country's transition into a multiethnic society from the arrival of the first guest workers in the mid-1950s to the reforms in immigration and citizenship law. This book charts debates about migrant labor, human rights, multiculturalism, and globalization. It includes texts in English translation.
- Author BiographyDeniz Gokturk, Associate Professor of German, is author of Kunstler, Cowboys, Ingenieure: Kultur- und mediengeschichtliche Studien zu deutschen Amerika-Texten 1912-1920. David Gramling is completing his doctoral thesis on German Turkish literature and the spatial imaginary. Anton Kaes, Chancellor Professor of German and Film Studies, is author of From Hitler to Heimat: The Return of History as Film, M, and coeditor of The Weimar Republic Sourcebook (UC Press).
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2007
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Series TitleWeimar & Now: German Cultural Criticism
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 40
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note13 b/w photographs
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAnton Kaes,David Gramling,Deniz Gokturk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £13.28Trending at £14.40
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
- £19.20Trending at £29.96
- £9.66Trending at £14.94
- £11.79Trending at £16.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.