All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will help families, clinicians and coaches support children with autism in taking their first steps into sport and recreation. It details six sports: cycling, ice skating, swimming, soccer, taekwondo and tennis and offers all the advice and support needed to help get kids with autism engaged in fun and positive sport environments.
- Author BiographyVeronica Smith has been a professor of Special Education for the past seven years. She has a speciality in autism and developmental disabilities and has published several articles on intervention and evidence-based instructional practices for children with autism. She is an active amateur athlete who is committed to fitness and believes in the benefits of lifelong physical activity. Veronica lives in Alberta, Canada. Stephanie Patterson is a certified professional figure skating coach (National Coaching Certification Program Level 1) and doctoral student focusing on intervention practices for children with ASD. She has developed and delivered a modified learn to ice skate program for youth with ASD. Stephanie currently lives is Los Angeles, California.
- Author(s)Stephanie Y. Patterson,Veronica Smith
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/06/2012
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note50 black and white drawings and 50 black and white photographs
- Weight562 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
- Foreword byConnie Kasari
Best-selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £9.57Trending at £9.96
- £10.18Trending at £14.01
- £7.19Trending at £7.37
- £26.56Trending at £36.99
- £5.99Trending at £9.99
- £5.88Trending at £7.99
- £27.18Trending at £29.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.