All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrift down the Colorado River through Glen Canyon and explore the people and places that encompass the history of this majestic canyon before it drowned in the rising waters of Lake Powell.
- Author BiographyC. Gregory Crampton (1911-1995) was a professor of history at the University of Utah for more than thirty years. He and his crews made thirteen trips down Glen Canyon identifying, documenting, and photographing the evidence of human experience there. He is the author of Standing Up Country, Land of Living Rock, and numerous other books on the history of the Southwest.W. L. 'Bud' Rusho served as public affairs chief for the Glen Canyon Dam construction project, leading a team of U.S. Bureau of Reclamation photographers in the recording of the construction of Glen Canyon Dam. He is the author of Lee's Ferry: Desert River Crossing and The Wilderness Journals of Everett Reuss. Philip Hyde (1921-2006) was a wilderness photographer and for many years the principle conservation photographer for the Sierra Club. His fifteen books include As Long as the Rivers Shall Run and Slickrock: The Canyon Country of Southeast Utah.
- Author(s)C Gregory Crampton
- PublisherUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationSalt Lake City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Utah Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Foreword byEdward Abbey
- Revised byC Gregory Crampton
- Edition StatementRevised ed.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £17.14
- £25.51Trending at £37.29
- £14.30Trending at £16.70
- £8.50Trending at £10.51
- £19.20Trending at £29.96
- £9.66Trending at £14.96
- £11.79Trending at £17.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.