All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn honest and compelling memoir, Girl in Need of a Tourniquet is Merri Lisa Johnson's account of her borderline personality disorder and how it has affected her life and relationships. Johnson describes the feeling of bleeding out , unable to tell where she stopped and where her partner began. A self-confessed psycho girlfriend, she was influenced by many emotional factors from her past. She recalls her path through a dysfunctional, destructive relationship, while recounting the experiences that brought her to her breaking point. In recognizing her struggle with borderline personality disorder, Johnson is ultimately able to seek help, embarking on a soul-searching healing process. It's a path that is painful, difficult, and at times heart-wrenching, but ultimately makes her more able to love and coexist in healthy relationships.
- Author BiographyMerri Lisa Johnson is the editor of Jane Sexes It Up and other collections in feminist cultural studies, and has published personal essays in various anthologies. An assistant professor of English and women's studies, Johnson teaches a course on creative nonfiction with a focus on writing about relationships. She serves as Director of the centre for Women's and Gender Studies at the University of South Carolina Upstate, and is the former director of a literary series at Coastal Carolina University.
- Author(s)Merri Lisa Johnson
- PublisherSeal Press
- Date of Publication08/06/2010
- GenreCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintSeal Press
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.